
Every morning as I sit in traffic on my way to work I see the entrance and sign for Lane Cove National Park. A few weeks ago I noticed a sign for the park indicating that there is a boat shed with boats to rent, and a canteen (that's Ozspeak for snack bar). Sounded like a good time. So last Saturday we decided to check it out. It was a really nice park, and we spent the afternoon there walking the trails and climbing the rocks. I don't think we covered 1/10 of the park, so we'll definitely be back. I think the reason I really like the park so much is that it reminded me of trees in the States. Eucalyptus forests are great, but it's nice to see big green trees every once in a while too. As we were leaving, Don spotted a goanna, or monitor lizard. We got a few pictures, then Mitch moved in for a closer look, and hot damn if it didn't get up on it's back two legs and run off, just like on the Discovery channel. It ran away too quick to get a photo, but you get the idea, right? Pretty cool.


2 comments:
Whats with the sad look on Mitchell's face?
You know Jeff, I didn't even notice that. Now that I've zoomed into the photo, Don doesn't look too thrilled to be there either. I think I'm going to have to change the picture....
Post a Comment