Yes, I realize that I just wrote a post on music. Looking back, it was a bit harsh. I guess that's what a working road trip over a Holiday weekend does. Ultimately, I've realized over the last week that pop and rock are all fine, as long as it's something I like to hear. OK, so I'm a hypocrite, whatever. This song has been getting alot of airplay here. I just heard a few days ago that Australian stations are mandated to play a certain percentage of Aussie music, as opposed to US or UK artists. Interesting. So, I'm not sure if this song is really good, or if I've just grown fond of it as a result of hearing it XX amount of times per hour as mandated by the Australian Government. I actually think the artist might be a Kiwi now living here, or the other way around. Anyways, here's something a little different. Or, maybe it's already hit the States?
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I like the song, and the video. thx for posting! btw: we have similar rules for our radio stations in canada about playing a certain amount of music from canadian artists...i think it's good, it makes sure the little bands and artists get a chance.
This is not bad. Seems like the kind of thing that grows on you the more you hear it and gets stuck in your head... but not in a bad way. Seems too like it is fun at the time but something that you will look back on in the years to come and wonder what you were thinking!!! A bit like the macarena :)
Dana - Australian music is good, expands our horizons. Australian TV, not so much.
Kathie - I sort of like the whole retro 1985 a-ha video vibe. The Macarena was a good time, for about six months. Kind of like the Electric Slide.
I love My Delirium. Although it's been played to death in NZ. And I like her other hit, Paris Is
Burning. The rest of the album is just so-so. By the way, she's a Kiwi.
Hey Juli - thanks for the info! I knew there was a New Zealand connection somewhere. I don't know if I've heard Paris is Burning; I'll have to check it out.
Glad you have taken a liking to Ladyhawke! I've been a fan of hers for a long time now. My Delirium is probably my favourite, but yes, Paris is Burning is great as well. I think the electro-pop sound is unique and something you wouldn't generally hear on American radio. Yes, like Juli said, she is Kiwi, but so are Evermore, Crowded House, Keith Urban and Russell Crowe and Aussies have all adopted them as their own. :-)
Post a Comment