
Wow - has it been almost six weeks since my last post? I must be so excited about our upcoming trip to the States I guess I figured I'd just tell everyone what we've been up to in person. Anyways, back to the subject at hand - cupcakes. I've always been pretty crafty, but since I've had Mitch and gone back to work full time I just haven't had time to really sink my teeth into anything. I used to cross stitch, but man that takes a long time. Plus, my self diagnosed ADD prevented me from ever actually finishing a complete piece. I must have had 20 different Samplers started (but never finished) lying around the house. I also love scrapbooking, and even brought all of my scrapbooking goodies to Sydney. But without a large space to lay everything out on, it's just too much work to take it out and put it all back at the end of a night. And let's be real, It's all I can do to stay awake after making dinner, playing games, bathtime and home readers. Anyways, while surfing the net a few weeks ago I found a cupcake decorating class in Sydney, and all of a sudden I HAD TO TAKE THAT CLASS. So I signed up with my friend
Laura and we took the class on Saturday. I can't even describe how much I enjoyed taking this class. I got to be creative, and learned something in the process. I think the decorating bug has definitely bitten. I'm already planning all the occasions I can make cupcakes for. I think I have a new career aspiration. It's always good to dream....
4 comments:
You sure are crafty, those cupcakes look amazing! My birthday is coming up...i'm just saying.
Those are so darling! I think you might be able to fill a niche market here since every bakery seems to sell cupcakes decorated with a single silver dragees on top, or maybe a few 100s and 1000s if they're trying to be really fancy. Yours look so professional! Love them.
Hi Ana, it's me, back again. Today while I was surfing the web(i.e., procrastinating AGAIN) I saw the funniest cupcakes, and had to share: http://www.suburbanbliss.net/suburbanbliss/2008/10/how-to-hallowee.html
scroll down the page to see them. you could make these for halloween! heeheehee! just don't show mitch, it might scar him.
Dana - Vanilla or chocolate? By the way, I love love love those baby hand cupcakes, is that wrong?
Jenny - Thanks for the kind words. I would love to decorate and actually get paid for it. Maybe in a few years...
Post a Comment