One thing I didn't take into account living here, is the difference in music. Think lots of Kylie Minogue and you're half there. I also find it really interesting that the radio stations play Land Down Under by Men at Work pretty frequently. I hear it a lot more living here, than I ever heard it in the US, except during the '80s of course. On the flip side, I'm hearing different types of music I probably would have never been exposed to in the U.S. A while back I watched the ARIAs (the Australian version of the Grammys) and the Australian group The Presets swept the awards, winning both Album of the Year and Best Group. After hearing "Talk Like That" a few times, it really grew on me. Here they are performing....
Since we're on the topic of music, I found this collection of bad Swedish dance band music covers while I was surfing around the other day. Enjoy.
http://pics.yemii.com/swedish-dance-bands.html
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment